Immigration as an important source of economic stability
In many of our recent articles (visit our Blog Section), we have talked about how the Biden administration is changing the immigration system and removing restrictive policies implemented by the previous administration, with former President Donald Trump leading. Apart from that, our team has also realized that there are several factors that have come to light recently, which are showing the need for the US to increase immigration levels as soon as possible.
Let’s look at some important facts:
- The global Coronavirus pandemic paused immigration almost completely around the world for a considerable period of time. As a result, many American or US-based companies have been unable to expand their business or service due to a shortage of skilled workforce.
- The combination of the global health emergency and the Trump administration’s restrictions contributed to immigration levels falling considerably during the last four years, reducing the country’s ability to overcome the economic crisis.
- Local colleges and universities state that without the presence of international students, their revenue is not enough to boost the national economy and help local students.
- The most recent National Census results reveal that, between 2010 and 2020, the country had the lowest population growth in 8 decades and the second lowest in Census history, widening the already existing gap between active workers and citizens of retirement age. Thus, the US’ economic stability is currently at risk.
In light of these facts, not even an increase in the local birth rate could bring balance over the next decade, but, at this point, the most viable solution is to increase immigration levels to protect the economy in the medium and long term, especially through legal programs based on employment or study.
Are you looking for professional help for an immigration case? Contact Motion Law Immigration and schedule a FREE Consultation with our experienced attorneys.
Biden’s DOS to admit international students and qualified foreigners again
In one of our most recent articles, we talked about the need to attract foreign students and, at the same time, create post-study programs so that they can stay in the US and gain work experience in local companies while helping to boost the economy in times of crisis.
Fortunately for immigrant communities, advocates and activists, the Biden administration is already on the right track to gradually restructure the local immigration system. In fact, the DOS (Department of State) recently stated that nationals of certain countries who have not been able to enter the US on grounds of health emergency (due to several proclamations issued by former President Trump), now have the opportunity to come to the country under NIE (National Interest Exception).
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Foreigners whose services are vital to “critical infrastructure”.
- International students.
- Certain academics.
Countries included in the list are:
- South Africa.
- Schengen area.
- The UK.
This is extremely important news for the US economy, which currently needs multicultural integration to stay afloat for decades to come.
Adding to that, it is worth mentioning that the US is not the only country that uses immigration as a tool to boost the economy. In fact, the strongest economies in the world always have a high flow of foreigners and constantly welcome new communities to expand their social fabric and allow highly qualified foreigners to share their best qualities and innovative ideas, something that possibly many of them could not do in their countries of origin. Therefore, thanks to social inclusion, globalization, international transit and multiracial diversity, First World countries and world powers continue to strengthen their economic systems.
Follow our team’s advice during your immigration process!
We understand that starting an immigration process requires constant dedication and expert help. Our team is highly qualified to guide you through your immigration journey in the US, so please don’t hesitate to contact us for a FREE Phone Consultation with one of our expert immigration attorneys.
Simply call Motion Law today at: (202) 918-1799.