The immigration policy reform Biden has failed to implement
In consideration of President Biden’s major political campaign promises, some pro-immigration groups and citizens believe that, so far, his administration has failed to deliver on promises regarding substantial changes to immigration laws.
For many, the legislative landscape on immigration was set to undergo a major transformation with the election of Democratic Representative Joe Biden. However, in an overall assessment of the measures implemented so far, there is not a vast difference compared to the administration of former President Trump, who tried to restrict and reduce immigration.
Are you looking for help with your immigration process? That is undoubtedly the best decision you can make to protect your future and our team can help you regardless of what your particular case may be. Contact Motion Law Immigration, schedule a FREE Consultation and take advice from our experienced attorneys!
Views regarding Biden’s proposed immigration policies
Immigration was a cornerstone in the president Biden’s plan, yet many of the measures he proposed have not been successful. For Paul Schmidt, former chairman of the Board of Immigration Appeals, several projects formulated by the current administration were destined to fail and there are some things that Biden could have done, but has not because of a lack of political will.
If you are looking for professional guidance for an immigration case of any kind, you have found the perfect team for you! Contact Motion Law Immigration, schedule a FREE Consultation and follow the advice of our experienced attorneys, who have handled all types of immigration proceedings and have surely helped many people in the same situation as you.
Proposals made and results so far in the presidential term
This is a brief overview of some of the results and proposals on immigration law put forward by the current administration:
- The attempt to remove several times the “Remain in Mexico” policy, which was established during the Trump administration and delimits the entry of asylum seekers into the US.
- Current waiting times for political asylum applications is approximately 4 years, which means that more than 40% of the cases are pending since 2000. In addition, the number of pending cases in the courts has increased from 1.29 million at the beginning of the presidential term to 1.56 million by the end of 2021.
- Although president Biden updated the Refugee Program and increased the annual limit from 15,000 to 62,500 refugees, 2021 saw the lowest number of refugee approvals in years, with only 11,411.
- The bill that sought to include immigration reform in the budget package in order to benefit eligible undocumented immigrants, was stopped by the Senate Parliamentarian after 3 attempts by Democratic leaders.
- The “Title 42” measure, implemented during the Trump administration due to the Covid-19 contingency, which allows express deportations in the midst of the health crisis, is still in effect even though the borders are already open.
Migrate with the help of experts and avoid precarious or risky situations, contact Motion Law Immigration and schedule a Free Consultation with our experienced attorneys!
The challenge for the current government when it comes to immigration
The current government still has the challenge of strengthening and generating more policy possibilities to favor immigration. For now, it is important that, if you are thinking of traveling to the US, you do it in the best conditions and following the advice of experts so that you can receive the benefits of a successful process.
Irregular migration never brings positive repercussions and could be an extremely dangerous journey. Therefore, if you need help with an immigration case, it is imperative that you follow the advice of experts. Contact Motion Law Immigration, schedule a FREE Consultation and follow the advice of our experienced attorneys!
Give yourself the opportunity to immigrate safely and with dignity
It is no secret that starting an immigration process in the US is not always the easiest task. However, our team of experts really simplifies the process for you and can provide constant accompaniment during your immigration journey. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for a FREE Phone Consultation with one of our expert immigration attorneys.
Simply call Motion Law today at: (202) 918-1799.